The Autism Caring Center was founded by two parents who recognized the need for additional support and encouragement for families and individuals with autism. With more than 10 years of experience in autism advocacy and training, the Autism Caring Center staff can offer personal experience and professional skills to the communities that they serve.
The Center will provide the following:
- Consultations by telephone or in-person to support individuals and families in their need for resources and information
- Autism training for schools, community groups, and businesses. Recent trainings by staff members include sessions at Allegheny County Department of Human Services, Pittsburgh Technical Institute, Penn State-DuBois, and Fayette county Search and rescue. Training is provided at no charge to non-profit organizations.
- Monthly support groups for parents and individuals throughout Southwestern PA.
- Social events for individuals with ASD, their families and friends.
- Advocacy services including IEP meeting support and court testimony.